In addition to writing this pottery blog, I also am an avid reader of clay focused blogs written by other ceramic artists. There are more than 100 blogs on my blogroll that I read daily through a blog reader. I really do read all of these blogs listed. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but once you’re caught up, it’s so nice to start your day catching up with potters from around the world.
At the bottom of the list is directions for connecting this list to your blog reader so you can read them too. I am constantly updating this list- adding new ones and deleting old ones that aren’t updated very often. Let me know if I’m missing any good ones!
There is no way that I could remember to check in with these blogs on my own, so I use the blog reader, Google Reader, to subscribe to these blogs. Instead of visiting all the sites, the newest posts are compiled into the reader automatically and keeps track of the unread ones, etc… It’s very easy to set up (really…it is!).
If you’re interested in subscribing to my list (above), and you’re using Google Reader, just follow these simple steps.
- Login to Google Reader
- Click on this link and “save file”: http://www.google.com/reader/public/subscriptions/user/15666827403315601321/label/public
- Figure out where the downloaded file is located. (for PC users) Right click on the download and click on “open folder containing.” That will tell you where the downloaded file is located
- Click on “Manage Subscriptions”
- Click on “Import/Export”
- Click on”Browse” and locate the downloaded file.
- Click Upload and then start reading! You’ll be overwhelmed with posts to read at first, but once you get caught up, it’s quite manageable :)
You can always use this as a starting point and add and subtract subscriptions from this list to suit your interests.
And if you’re overwhelmed by the number of posts that appear in your blog reader, you can always “mark all as read” and start reading from that point forward.