I was tagged with 8 random things by Pam McFadyen from Lurearts Ceramics.
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
Here I go with 8 random things about myself (in absolutely no particular order)…
1. I have an painted art car. The inside is decked out with fringe and all. A couple of years ago Ian and I decided to paint our car to cover up some chipping paint. The result has been lots of smiles and random conversations with strangers- something that should happen more often! The interior fringe was hunted down during a trip to Mexico. I like having a little something special inside the car- besides making me smile, it also reminds me that the outside is painted, and that’s why people are looking at the car.
2. Chicago has been my home for the last 8+ years. We’ve lived in roughly the same area (northside- Lincoln Square/ Uptown/ Ravenswood/ Andersonville) the whole time we’ve been in Chicago. I run into people I know all the time when I’m out and about. It feels like a small town. You can walk just about anywhere you need to go. The same clerks work at the neighborhood grocery store since we’ve lived here. I go to the little neighborhood farmer’s market every week. Two sites/ blogs I like about Chicago are: The Chicagoist and Gaper’s Block.
3. I went to Earlham College where I majored in Art with a double focus in ceramics and metals (class of ’99). It’s where I met Ian and learned to make pots.
4. I am the hopelessly devoted aunt to 3 (soon to be 4) amazing nephews. Orion, Ayrie and Jonah. I am known to them as Emmy. The photo was taken by Ian last Christmas. They were inside the house and Ian was outside. We have decided that if they ever start a band together, that this will be their first album cover and they will be called the Formidable Murphy Boys.
5. I’m a customer service pro. Friends and family use me to help them work out tough customer service problems. I don’t actually enjoy the process of being on hold, but I feel extremely satisfied when I can solve a problem. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this particular talent of mine. I’ve been enjoying the blog: The Consumerist lately.
6. I LOVE my label maker. Actually, I have 2 of them. One for my studio, one for home. You can see a small glimpse of what our office at home looks like from the picture. The label maker is actually sitting on the shelf in front of the books. It actually has it’s own labeled bin, but it was out since I had just used it.
I could go on about my love of the label maker, but I think I’ll just stop there.
8. I love jewelry. Handmade beautifully designed jewelry. My favorite jeweler also happens to be a good friend: Sarah Chapman. I love her designs- they are completely original. Her craftsmanship is impeccable. And the pieces have this great ability to go from fitting perfectly with jeans and a t-shirt in the studio to dress up for a night on the town.